Information for Presentations
Oral Presentation Instructions
- Each oral presentation has been allocated a 30 or 20 minutes time slot, including initial preparations and questions. Please check the technical program to see the length of your oral presentation;
- Unless your session chairperson indicated otherwise, plan to have your talk finished in 25 or 15 minutes, respectively. This allows for a few questions and some time for introducing the next speaker;
- The organizers will provide a laptop computer connected to a projector (if you bring your own laptop, make sure it has a standard VGA connector and supports resolution 1024 x 768). The operating system is Microsoft Windows XP with Adobe PDF and PowerPoint slides supported. Experience has shown that PDF is usually the safe alternative. However, it might be wise to have both formats;
- If you need any special software, please contact the organizers at email@example.com;
- A laser pointer will be provided by the organizers;
- An overhead projector will also be available;
- You can also send your slides beforehand to firstname.lastname@example.org. This way, your slides will be ready and tested on the laptop as you arrive. If your files are large, please contact the above address to check that the mailbox accepts that large files.
Poster Presentation Instructions
- The poster boards will be 115 cm (45 in) wide and 120 cm (47 in) high;
- Arrive at the poster area 15-20 minutes before the beginning of the session and meet up with the session chair who will be near the sign announcing this session;
- Pushpins will be available at each poster board;
- Put up your poster during the break before your scheduled session time and remove it during the break following your scheduled session time.
Last updated: Monday, August 11, 2008